Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Mr. Big Stuff

Mr. Big Stuff
Who do you think you are?
Mr. Big Stuff
You're never always gonna get my heart.
                                         -- JEAN KNIGHT

My little fella is 6 months old today. I cannot believe we are already sitting here on the evening that my son was born 6 whole months ago.  Time is flying by faster than I ever imagined it would.  The second time around doesn't just fly, it vanishes.  I am so proud to be Chad's mommy. I am so thankful he entered our family to fill us with his love, his snuggles, his delight.

In honor of his turning 6 months today, I thought I'd give a quick list of his 6 favorite things, in no particular order (after #1, of course):

#1 Mommy. Mommy. Mommy. Mommy.

#2 Being wrapped up snug as a bug in a rug.

#3 Eating. Thank you, Gerber, Thank you.

#4 Tickles from Daddy.

#5 Getting all sudsed up in the bathtub and having his hair put into loop-di-loops.  Okay, so maybe that part is Mommy's favorite, but he still enjoys it. (Those eyelashes are also one of Mommy's favorites!)

#6 Any possible way to be close to his sister.

And his honorary favorite, because everything has an honorary, right? Really, this kid likes too many things, as long as Mommy is around while he's doing them.  Toes.

Happy six months, little fella. You fill my life like I can't even describe.  You fill our family with joy, with love, with laughter, with cuteness, and still often times, with screaming.  But you are a light. You are hope and excitement.  I hope the next 6 months do not fly by as quickly as the first 6 did, but I'm sure they will.  We'll make memories, tell stories, experience new things, and grow closer than ever.  We love you.

3 comments:

The Flight of the Moody Family said...

happy six months chad. I love the bath picture. that was connors favorite by far and probably still is.

Amanda said...

Happy 6 months!

You are such a great photographer. All of the pictures are so precious!

Amber said...

Your pictures are just wonderful- what an absolutely beautiful family!

Post a Comment