Sunday, August 8, 2010

Georgia On My Mind

Georgia, Georgia
The whole day through
Just an ol' sweet song
Keeps Georgia on my mind...
                       -- RAY CHARLES

Georgia Peaches n Cream Muffins


I love muffins.  Muffins for breakfast, muffins for a snack, muffins on the run, muffins for dessert.  Any time they are eaten, they are delicious.  These are probably my most favorite muffin yet, and I'm quite proud of them.  Made from delicious, fresh, ripe, juicy peaches. 

What you'll need:

1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup shortening
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup Greek-style vanilla yogurt (I use Cabot brand....mmm.....)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
3 fresh peaches, peeled and chopped

What to do:

In a mixing bowl, cream together butter, shortening, and sugar. 

Add in the egg, yogurt, and vanilla extract.

Mix well.  Combine flour and baking powder in a separate bowl.  Slowly add dry mixture into butter mixture, stirring just until moistened. 

The batter should be pretty thick, but if it is too thick and dry for your liking, you can add in up to 1/4 cup milk. 

Fold in the chopped peaches.


Spray or line muffin tins. Fill muffin cups full. 

Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes until done and slightly golden brown and they look like this.
Cool for 10 minutes. Remove from tin and place on wire cooling rack.
Makes 12 muffins.

Make another batch with more of those peaches from your giant basket and freeze. You can thaw them one by one in the microwave for 30-45 seconds.  Deliciousness. Every time.

6 comments:

Mama2Monkeys said...

these look delicious! nice work . i may try it for my mommy meeting this week!

April said...

oh, kate, you're killing me. YUM.

The Flight of the Moody Family said...

yum

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to make these- thanks for sharing your recipe! The photographs are beautiful. Thanks for using Cabot yogurt!
~Jacquelyn

Anonymous said...

Bridget made them and I'm in love with them! I will be making some soon!

Anonymous said...

Found you from MFP... these look amazing! Bookmarking to try when fresh peaches are in season again!

Post a Comment