Monday, July 26, 2010

Breakfast at Tiffany's

And I said, "What about breakfast at Tiffany's?"
She said, "I think I remember the film?
And as I recall, I think, we both kinda liked it
And I said, "Well, that's the one thing we've got"
                                  -- DEEP BLUE SOMETHING

French Toast Casserole


What you need:

6-8 slices of bread, any kind you like. I like french bread best, but what I used tonight was 6 slices of Trader Joe's Organic Wheat bread. It was simply yummy.
4 large eggs
1 1/2 milk (whole is best!)
1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
1/2 cup sugar
pinch of nutmeg, optional

What to do:

Grease an 8x8 glass dish.
Cut bread into large cubes and place in the casserole dish.
In a small mixing bowl, beat eggs and milk. Mix in sugar and cinnamon, and nutmeg if you choose.
Pour over the bread; cover and refrigerate overnight.

Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes until golden brown on top.  Let cool for 5 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar.


Serve with sliced fruit for more yummies.

3 comments:

The Flight of the Moody Family said...

I cant wait to make this Kate. Simply delish!!!

The Turkstra's said...

I think you should be on Chef Ramsay's new show on Fox! Your presentation is beautiful!

Mama2Monkeys said...

this looks amazing!

Post a Comment