Saturday, December 18, 2010

Breakin' in the Gun

Trees are falling more than leaves
Make it easy, blame it on me
Pleasure digging, melts away
Lizard chasing, hey I'm not insane.

I like, I like, I like chasing them for fun.
I like, I like, I like breakin' in the gun.

I do what I want, I do what I please
There ain't a soul who'll stop me
I take what I want, get whatever I need
There ain't a soul who'll stop me.
                                            --MOTLEY CRUE

I guess when you are able to get shots like these of your son, it is time to take him to have his first ceremonial hair cut.





I fought it. And I fought it hard. I used any excuse I could think of.  He's not even walking yet, if he doesn't need shoes, he doesn't need a hair cut.  He's not even ONE yet. We're too busy. We don't have the money. I like the curls. He's not even on whole milk yet. No excuse was good enough. He has met all of the qualifications and with much pushing, shoving, and arm twisting encouragement from Daddy, we decided it was time. 





I have to give him credit. He spent a good amount of time trying to figure this lady out before he decided he didn't like what she was doing.



 



I am positive that this is not a rewarding job. I'm not sure it is even enjoyable.



"I know, Buddy. I feel the same way."

Chad's hair along with my hair is his source of comfort. When I'm near, he grabs onto my hair and threads his fingers through it as he sighs deep breaths to calm himself down. When I am not within arms reach, he places both hands on top of his head and pulls his hair in opposite directions in an attempt to soothe himself. It wasn't so successful during this horrible, evil exercise. Poor thing.









I will never forget these curls and locks. I know he appreciates being able to see past his hair though.  I know it will grow back, but the next is never the same as the first.  Can I please just freeze time?

And when we were zooming through the aisles at Publix tonight, I had two, TWO, people stop me to rave about how cute he is. So his haircut must be pleasing. He's the cutest little boy in existence, with long or short hair, that's for sure.

4 comments:

Mama2Monkeys said...

he is soooo handsome either way. he did good. haircuts for kids are traumatizing. his little tears kill me!

The Flight of the Moody Family said...

he looks so handsome.
I am so lucky Connor never even as much as squirms during a hair cut. :)

April said...

aw, he looks great!

you're so much nicer than we are. i have wesley hold them down and i shear them with the clippers. LOL

Erin said...

What a handsome boy! His haircut looks fantastic. My little boy is almost one and it's almost time for a haircut. I dress him in boy clothes and people still always ask me if he's a girl. I guess that's my clue to cut his hair?? I'm still not ready yet. :)

Post a Comment