Thursday, December 2, 2010

My Front Porch Looking In

I've traveled here and everywhere
Following my job
I've seen the paintings from the air
Brushed by the hand of God
The mountains and the canyon reach from sea to shining sea
But I can't wait to get back home
To the one he made for me
It's anywhere I'll ever go and everywhere I've been
Nothing takes my breath away
Like my front porch looking in

Oh the view I love the most
Is my front porch looking in......
                                                           --LONESTAR

Thanksgiving fell upon us. Little white flecks of ice sit branded to low-cut blades of grass.  Dew presses itself to the corners of the windows like snow drifts. Little rings of lip prints shine right in the middle of them.  Drops of dew roll from the lip prints and puddle on the white painted window sill.  Coffee sits by me steaming, waiting for me to drink it in. Little bundles are rousing in the brisk morning awakening their vocal chords with song, "I love you. You love me..... God our Father, God our Father, once again, once again....."



So many things I am thankful for. Little wet kisses on the tip of my nose. Munchkin feet wrapped tightly around my hips. Explosions of smiles and laughter. Messy fingers. Sweet treats. Bubble baths. 



Art in the tub.



The husband who doesn't hold my weirdness against me and dives in full boar when I ask him to take silly family photos.

Art, art, everywhere.









The ability to be home with my kids more often than not.  If there is one thing in this life that will teach you greatfulness, it is by far, family.


This Thanksgiving, we made it back to God's Country. We spent many days preparing food, sitting by the fire, treading our legs on the wet pavement to get the good Black Friday sales, reading books, and eating the good food we worked so hard for.  Chad got to meet his Great Nana for the first time and she loved playing with "The little boy." 

Cari loved every minute of assembling her puzzles with anyone who would give her a minute.  "Grandpa, will you help me, wiff dis???"

One of Bebe's friend's grandaughter was also visiting for the holidays and invited us over to make fruit pizzas.  The girls, Cari and Anna, had a wonderful time. They were instant friends, leaping over the hopscotch, building railroad tracks with the blocks, licking frosting off of spatulas, downing mandarine oranges, and stuffing blueberries in as fast as they could.









Cari and Bebe baked a cake for Chad and myself to celebrate our birthdays.  Boston creme pie. YUM. Makes my tummy rumble, just the sound of those words.


(That's a "3" and two "1"s for 32, and a "1" for Chad).


And, my wonderful treat of freshly brewed, hot coffee, calling my name, with my birthday gift and cards from my most wonderful lovies.

1 comments:

April said...

love your family. happy birthday!!!

(i miss our chats)

xo

Post a Comment