Friday, December 10, 2010

The World Exploded into Love

The world exploded into love all around me
The world exploded into love all around me
And every time I take a look around me
I have to smile
                                       -- BOB SCHNEIDER

Denial. Joy. Love. Hope. Sadness. Pride. Peace. Fullness. Light. Reminiscence.

My baby is ONE. The year of his infancy is done, like a good harvest crop. We worked hard this year. Sowing love, pruning tears and smiles, rising before the sun, and settling after embers of warmth have fizzled. The crop is bountiful, share-worthy, show-worthy, and exploding with love.

I have been intentional of not letting this first year slip by me.  I have soaked in every moment and wished very few minutes away.  I have basked in the sunny days, and hunkered down in the rainy ones. The year has been excellent. Our little family has blossomed.  Chad has blessed our family in more ways than possible.  The snuggles, chuckles, curious eyes are a joy. The excited spirit and quiet wonder are filling.  The love he has brought our family is untouchable, yet spreads like wildfire.  While it is hard to say goodbye to the baby that he was, I am looking forward to the years to come, and the man he will grow into. 

Birthday Party #2 with Grandmama, Grandaddy, and Uncle Jay.

Birthday Party #3: Firetruck party.
With firetruck pajamas.
And of course, a firetruck. I think he enjoyed it, to say the least.
 And, look what his classmates made for him. The cutest card, ever.

2 comments:

April said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHAD!!!!! xoxoxoxo!

SeekerofGrace said...

Happy birthday, Chad! Sorry I'm late! This is just lovely. What a wonderful memory to keep... do you turn your blog into a book each year? :)

Post a Comment