Monday, May 24, 2010

Great Day to be Alive

And it's a great day to be alive
I know the sun's still shinin' when I close my eyes
There's some hard times in the neighborhood
But why can't every day be just this good?
                                                        -- TRAVIS TRITT

Mexican Chicken Salad
Since the heat is in for summer, I thought I'd share my most favorite refreshing and hearty salads.

What you need:

2 chicken breasts
1 head romaine lettuce
1 can Rotel tomatoes with Cilantro & Lime, loosely drained
1 cup frozen corn
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 small tomato, chopped
1/2 small onion, chopped
1/2 green pepper, chopped
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 handfuls of Hot & Spicy Cheez-Its
Newman's Own Lite Lime Vinagrette
Chili powder
Paprika
Blackened seasoning (optional)

Directions:

Cook chicken breasts on stove in fry pan with non-stick spray.  Sprinkle with chili powder, paprika, and blackened seasoning while cooking. Cut into strips when cooked through.

Rinse and spin-dry romaine lettuce. Place on individual plates.

Top lettuce with spoonfuls of the Rotel tomatoes.

Run frozen corn under warm water in a colander to thaw.  Place on top of salads.

Top with spoonfuls of black beans.

Layer with tomatoes, onions, peppers, and cheese.

Place cooked chicken on top.

Crush a handful of Cheez-its and place on top.

Sprinkle with Lime dressing.


Delish.






3 comments:

Sarah said...

Can't wait to try this. Sounds delicious!

April said...

i used to BLAST this song on my way to work in the mornings. i hated (HATED!) my job, but this song always made be feel better. because it IS a great day to be alive :-)

tiffibug said...

This looks great! It's gonna be the next new recipe I try. Thanks for sharing.

Post a Comment