Thursday, May 13, 2010

Time in a Bottle


If I could save time in a bottle
The first thing that I'd like to do
Is to save every day
Til eternity passes away
Just to spend them with you.
                               -- JIM CROCE

Some days you just realize that time is passing all too quickly. That if you don't slow down and just sit and observe, you are likely to miss something. And miss it so quickly that you won't even regret missing it because it passed so quickly that you don't even know you missed it.
Today was one of those days.
I love our morning coffee time.  The kids get up, we get our coffee and juice, and sit on the couch together as the sun finishes rising.  We sit and chat about the coming day and just marvel at each other.  As I stood up to get a refill on my morning coffee and placed Chad in the Boppy pillow to steady him, I glanced back and realized, "Oh my goodness, my son is already 5 months old." What I saw sent flashbacks of Cari at his age, sitting in the same spot in the Boppy during our morning coffee over one and half years ago. My how time flies. I wish I could bottle every moment up and save them forever.  I wish I had a pause button for life so the clock would stop ticking, responsibilities would subside, duties would stop calling, and time would carry on forever.
This is what I saw when I glanced back as I went to get my refill (Chad at 5 months old):

And this is what I had flashbacks to (Cari at 5 months old):

And this is what I came back to after I got my refill:

And so it begins.....the end of peace coffee and the beginning of make-peace coffee.  But it is the beginning of relationships, bonds, love, and most of all, family.

3 comments:

April said...

i am melting.

*love* this

The Flight of the Moody Family said...

they really do grow to fast. You sure do have two cute kiddos.

Matt Malone said...

Wow, you're a very good writer. You say you want to bottle up the moments so you can relive them later, but that's what your photos and this blog represent. May you and your family continue to be blessed.

Post a Comment