Friday, May 7, 2010

Isn't She Lovely

Isn't she pretty
Truly the angel's best
Boy, I'm so happy
We have been heaven blessed
I can't believe what God has done
Through us he's given life to one
But isn't she lovely made from love
                                             --STEVIE WONDER

I love days like today. No where to be, no reason to do chores, the sun is out, smiles are abundant and laughter is contagious.  Each morning when I put my make-up on, Cari has to have "her" brush, and "her" lipstick.  She stands next to me and brushes her soft little cheeks with her brush watching her mother do it, copying every move.  She then grabs her chapstick, and coats it on every crevice of her lips.  She smiles and spins, putting on her beauty for the day, saying "Mommy? Mommy?" as if she is thinking, "Do you approve? Is this right?"  After we finish our make-up and put it all away, she says to me in the sweetest, honest little voice, "So pretty, Mommy."  I need to hear nothing else.  All is perfect in the world. My flaws are gone.  I am so pretty in the eyes of my daughter. She sees past all of the mishaps, mistakes, and shortcomings. To view the world from a two-year old's eyes.

Today was make-over day.  When her little brother was peacefully taking a nap, we cranked up the radio, pulled out the make-up and went to town.  Her favorite was the lipgloss and lipstick, of course.  Although, it does take a little bit of practice to get the hand-eye coordination down!


Fantastic work, Cari! This is just your color.  And, you are right, applying lipstick is serious stuff - it takes a lot of concentration.
How does it look?
Maybe next time, we'll try some eyeliner.

2 comments:

tiffibug said...

She's too precious! Makeover day looks like tons of fun.

Amy said...

omg. i love her.

Post a Comment